Wednesday, April 25, 2018

3D to 2D Digital Image Assignment



3D to 2D Digital Image





3D to 2D Image

Throughout my semester within this course, I have found that my most resolved work was the balsa wood sculpture within the Balsa Wood Sculpture Assignment. As such, I chose to utilize my knowledge in Photoshop in order to alter an image of this piece for the purpose of completing the 3D to 2D assignment. My original balsa wood sculpture, which is depicted below, emphasized the design principle of space through its use of a  hanging sphere and surrounding columns with a revealing exterior composed of balsa wood and clear masking tape. As such, I intended to replicate this principal within a digitally altered version of the artwork.
Within Photoshop, I created new layers from selections composed of the central sphere and its four surrounding columns. Removing the visibility of the rest of the original image, these isolated portions of the compositions were now their own image. I then used the color replacement tool to alter the color of the objects, thus choosing to alter them to possess the bright colors displayed above. I then applied a series of blur filters in order to further distort the image from its original appearance. After altering the objects within the piece, I then inserted a purple background, which I altered through a grain filter. I then surrounded the entire image with a dark purple border, and then proceeded to type the word "Space" in order to clearly define the design principle exhibited by both my original balsa wood sculpture and its digitally altered counterpart.

Original Balsa Wood Sculpture





Adam
Element/Principle: Space
Materials: balsas wood, masking tape, packing tape, straight pins
Dimensions: approx.  6" x 4.75" x 3.75"



No comments:

Post a Comment